At-Risk Youth Ministry Volunteer
Be a part of the vibrant work of Restoration ministries, restoring hope to broken lives with the love of Jesus. Use your gifts and passions to lead special projects that reach out to at-risk-youth.
A growing relationship with Jesus Christ. A servant's heart and a desire to learn how to effectively share the Gospel in a multi-cultural ministry context. We are looking for someone who will build relationships, evangelistically oriented, motivational, interested in learning and teaching language, and flexible.RESPONSIBILITIES
Serve a minimum of 2 weeks to 6 months. Assist in Restoration Ministries’ program at the slums by participating in:
- Agita (as RM named their "block party") is the ministry's mobile street program. The ministry takes the Agita to four different favelas on a weekly basis.
- Home Visits: As Restoration Ministries spends time in a slum, relationships are developed with the children and their families. The RM staff fosters these relationships by visiting community residents in their homes. You will have an opportunity to learn first-hand how these children live and share a short encouraging message with them.
- Small Groups: Assist RM staff with logistics and organizing children bible studies
- Community Services - Assist RM staff with logistics and organizing worship and bible sharing gatherings.
- Help with events, evangelism, etc.
- RM also encourages an OPTIONAL proposed project. You are welcome to bless RM’s people in any area of its need with your talents and gifts. You can develop a project related to your area of expertise.
- Help with English classes, assisting local teachers
Portuguese helpfulLANGUAGE USED
Portuguese, EnglishLIVING ENVIRONMENT
Either in church dorms or in a family home, depending on availability. If living at the church, the person will be responsible for cooking their own food. Groceries are within walking distance, and the kitchen is stocked with all needed supplies. If living with a family the person will adjust to the family routine and/or cook your own food if it is needed.INTERNSHIP